- Articles & Lessons Learned
Bram Kanstein launched Startup Stash last week. Startup Stash became the most upvoted product of all time on Product Hunt. Here is how he did it.
Great business plans can look so good and have such convincing arguments that it becomes hard to doubt them. Unfortunately this false illusion of security may also maximize the risk of failure (or waste time and money at the very least). No company wants that. Let’s look at three reasons why requiring business plans is a bad idea.
The Wall Street Journal and Dow Jones VentureSource are tracking venture-backed private companies valued at $1 billion or more. See how the club has expanded since the project began in January 2014 and select companies to learn more about each.
Facing a rapidly changing world, companies are waking up to the fact that they need to become more responsive organizations. Yet even when the need for change is apparent to all, shaking things up is extremely hard, even if you're in charge.
The first thing to realize is that it’s the investor’s job to add value. Startup investors generate returns in three ways: They identify good companies, they add value after investing, and they help companies exit. That middle step is crucial.
This guide covers:
- Understanding landing pages
- Conducting market research
- Designing your landing page
- The psychology of color
- How to increase your landing page conversion rate
What You’ll Learn:
1. How to set up your blog so it generates thousands of social shares (and passive traffic)
2. How to optimize your blog for maximum social engagement
3. How to generate over twelve thousand visits from social media with a handful of blog posts
4. How to do it all without opening your wallet
Nir Eyal and Ximena Vengoechea describe the 3 tenants of a good push notification.
1. Good triggers are well-timed
2. Good triggers are actionable
3. Good triggers spark intrigue
If growth is so crucial, how fast do you have to grow?
The answer depends on the market you’re in and the type of company that you want to build.